Equalities at work and in society have a higher priority now than at any other time. The past two decades has seen a revolution in the way that equality and non-discrimination is viewed in the workplace and throughout society. For the most part, it is now taken for granted that people should not be discriminated against due to the colour of their skin, ethnic origin, gender, sexuality, disability or religion or other personal characteristic.
While a great deal of progress has been made, there has been worrying signs that some forms of discrimination, such as Islamophobia and ant-Semitism, are on the rise and there is still evidence of a significant residue of homophobia and sexism in some quarters. Discrimination against people with disabilities also remains stubbornly high.
We take the view that the best way to address all forms of discrimination is through the principles and practices of inclusion so that all your people can contribute to their best ability to your organisation’s success.
How can we help?
We have extensive experience of research and training in all aspects of inclusion, including ‘difficult’ areas such as bullying, learning disabilities and HIV/AIDS status. We can offer the following services to help your organisation become a beacon for inclusiveness. We can help in the following ways:
- Undertake initial audits of how inclusive your organisation is.
- Review your policies and procedures and work with you to ensure they are fully inclusive.
- Train staff on the principles of inclusion and how to eliminate discrimination.
- Speak at conferences and run workshops and seminars on inclusion and non-discrimination.
- Provide you with the latest research on good practice on becoming an inclusive organisation.
Examples of our work
- Major research on LGBT discrimination in sports.
- Training for managers on ‘hidden’ disabilities such as mental health.
- Organising a high level seminar on promoting LGBT inclusion in football.
- Integration of equalities into workplace education and training.
- Consultancy on promoting inclusion at work for people living with HIV.
- Speaking at major conferences on inclusion and non-discrimination.
Get in Touch
Call us now on +44 (0) 7939 652029 to discuss your requirements, or use the contact form on this web site.