All participants in your sport deserve the chance to do their best and make the most of their talent regardless of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics.
All sporting organisations have a duty to promote equal access to their sport and provide resources on a fair basis.
A sport that cannot show that it is doing all it can to promote equal opportunities is failing to make the best use of talent which will result in lower standards of competition.
Promoting diversity will help to expand participation in sport and make your sport more attractive and sustainable.
Due to the nature of sport, sporting organisations need to think carefully how they will comply with the law, the exemptions that are allowed, and how you make sure all your athletes are treated fairly.
How can we help?
We have extensive experience of research and training in all aspects of inclusion, including ‘difficult’ areas such as bullying, learning disabilities and HIV/AIDS status. We can offer the following services to help your organisation become a beacon for inclusiveness. We can help in the following ways:
- Undertake initial audits of how inclusive your organisation is.
- Review your policies and procedures and work with you to ensure they are fully inclusive.
- Train staff on the principles of inclusion and how to eliminate discrimination.
- Speak at conferences and run workshops and seminars on inclusion and non-discrimination.
- Provide you with the latest research on good practice on becoming an inclusive organisation.
For more details download our sport-equalities flyer
Get in Touch
Call us now on +44 (0) 7939 652029 to discuss your requirements, or use the contact form on this web site.